“E-cigarettes from manufacturers like JUUL are particularly dangerous for children. A recent study by the CDC states, “Most e-cigarettes contain nicotine, the highly addictive drug in tobacco. Nicotine is especially harmful to young people.
The human brain keeps developing until around the age of 25. Using products with nicotine under age 25 can harm the part of the brain responsible for memory, attention, and learning.Research also shows that e-cigarette advertising uses many of the same themes that have led to cigarette smoking among young people.”
Research also shows that e-cigarette advertising uses many of the same themes that have led to cigarette smoking among young people.”
E-cigarettes are sometimes called “e-cigs,” “vapes,” “e-hookahs,” “vape pens,” and “electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS).” Some e-cigarettes look like regular cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. Some look like USB flash drives, pens, and other everyday items. (CDC)
If your child suffers from a dry cough, shortness of breath, wheezing, chest pain, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, feeling tired often, fever, weight loss, nosebleeds, bleeding, dry eyes, dry skin, increased blood pressure, or increased heart rate, and have had these symptoms for months, your child may be addicted to vaping and you need to speak with a vape attorney.
If your child has any symptoms of lung related injuries, please ask if they they vape. If they admit they are vaping, Call for a consultation with a personal injury attorney and learn more about your child’s rights.
Vaping can cause damage to your teenagers lungs.
Washington, DC, December 2019 - Big Tobacco used false and deceptive advertising eerily similar to their 1960 – 1990’s marketing campaigns with regular cigarettes, to get minors hooked at an early age.
Illegal marketing practices centered on two major themes:
1) Vaping is a “healthy” alternative to smoking and effective smoking cessation aid.
2) Vaping is “cool.”
The FDA has NOT done enough, or acted quickly enough to regulate e-cigarettes. Despite the head of the FDA describing this use of e-cigarettes by minors as having “hit epidemic proportions” the federal regulations of the e-cigarette industry has been lax.
Juul Labs Inc is currently the largest e-cigarette manufacturer in America. Juul accounts for 70% of the market. They have built a huge market for their product among teens, including underage children.
At Golightly & Associates, we believe the unscrupulous targeting of young adults and children for the use of a known dangerous substance must be stopped. It's not too late to save the next generation form the lessons learned by the smoking generation.
For some, it is too late. Many kids have already been hooked and are suffering the symptoms of damage done by vaping.
If your child show signs of vaping related injuries, schedule an appointment and find out whether you have a case.
· Use among U.S high school students reached 3.05 million users.
· Because of JUUL's marketing, users are not aware that e-cigarettes contain 60% nicotine.
· JUUL e-cigarettes are popular among minors because “it has been easily available.”
· Flavored e-cigarettes were the most popular reason for using JUUL.
· JUUL products can be used as a delivery system for other illicit drugs.
· JUUL usage can cause cardiovascular and lung disease.
· The brain is still developing up to age 25, minors using e-cigarettes are vulnerable to becoming addicted to other drugs and having brain development problems.
· Studies show that consistent usage of e-cigarettes increase the risk of anxiety disorders.
· The effect of using JUUL includes the elation of other aerosolized chemicals which are harmful.
· E-cigarette usage produces high PC aerosol levels, which are known to cause respiratory irritation and can increase the risk of asthma.
· Some of the chemicals contained in e-cigarettes include carcinogens.
· E-cigarette companies were using media sites like Facebook and Google to advance e-cigarette usage by minors.
JUUL has created millions of new nicotine addicts.
Have you or your child been deceived by false advertising?
If you have been deceived by JUUL, you are not alone.
JUUL has targeted teens and mislead consumers.